Tuesday, September 07, 2010

'He turned his ear to me'

I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.


Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.


People who read this blog have heard references to my own experience with aphasia, an impairment of language which occurs when someone suffers injury to the language areas of the brain.

This language from Psalm triggers thoughts about those days. When no one else could understand me, God could. He turned his ear to me. When I struggled with words, God turned his ear to me. When I said one word but meant another, God turned his ear to me. He understood every word. Every phrase. Every thought.

If you or a loved one is struggle with aphasia, God is listening - with perfect understanding.

No comments: