Tuesday, August 16, 2011

'God is our refuge and strength'

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

The next few posts will include information about aphasia, a condition that occurs with many stroke patients. Aphasia is a language issue - it can affect speaking, understanding, reading, writing.

It's a subject I think about from time to time. I was struck with aphasia in my stroke. Through speech therapy, working with an unofficial "writing coach" at work, various teaching tools, including some designed for schoolchildren, I worked through this issue because God was my refuge and strength and never left my side.

Worked through, but not completely healed. Stress and fatigue can bring some of the issues back. Indeed, not  everyone recovers completely. But God will give you strength to see you through through troubling times. He certainly helps me.

No comments: