Thursday, December 08, 2011

Let Jesus light your world

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

This time of year, it's getting darker and darker early in the day, when, three times at week, I'm out running.

So most of the time, I'm wearing a headlamp to somewhat dimly light my path. Otherwise, I'd likely stumble and fall. And most of the time, I'm on a fairly popular running, walking and bicycling venue, a trail close to my house, so I see headlamps all along my route - so people won't walk, run or bike in the darkness.

Now, things can still go wrong. Headlamps provide only so much light. Outside of its fairly small area, there's darkness. And they are run on batteries and human technology. Batteries eventually expire, and human technology can fail. I've gone through two headlamps and now working on No. 3 in my almost 25 years of running. And No. 3 will eventually be discarded.

Unlike my headlamp, Jesus is not a light exclusive to me and will never fail. He is my light, can be your light - the light of the world. Let him light your world.


No comments: