Wednesday, April 18, 2012

'Run and not grow weary'

[B]ut those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.
You've seen these words before in this blog. But I can't resist for a repeater for this one.

Not long ago, due to months of recovering from a non-stroke-related back injury, I ran slowly and, sometimes, with a little pain.

Just last month, I finished the first half-marathon (13.1 miles) that I've run in more than a year.

So to celebrate the real reason why I accomplished this, why not repeat these words? God did renew my strength. I did complete - albeit slowly - and was able to enjoy the rest of the day with family. Not weary. Not faint.

Thanks be to God. Place your hope in God.


No comments: