Thursday, June 21, 2012

'He is my refuge and my fortress'

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
Ever need shelter?

Life certainly throws a lot bad stuff in our direction. Struggles with health concerns. Hard decisions. Life-altering events.

Note a couple of words in the Psalm quoted:

1. "Dwells." Not passing through God's shelter, but dwelling there. We don't have to rush out and face our struggles alone, then rush back to shelter. No. We face these struggles in God's shelter.

2. "Rest." Dwelling in God's shelter doesn't mean we abandon our duties. We can rest near to God - in his shadow - to regain energy and strength to battle these struggles and storms in our lives.

So stay close. Dwell in his shelter. Rest with God. Let him be your refuge.

1 comment:

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

I just found you page today. I had considered this as the name for my own blog. I am thankful you are here. Please visit me at http://strokeofgrace.blogspot.com/