Thursday, August 23, 2012

'You are worth more than many sparrows'

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Lately, I've been collecting some Bible verses that speak to me for this blog. The Luke passage above talks about your importance to God.

Many people who know me also know I'm a fan of the BBC program Doctor Who. I even own a sonic screwdriver.

Several months ago, I saw an episode that spoke to me, too. The Doctor is in a room with a cranky old man and a young women who is in a coma-like state. The Doctor studies and stares at the woman. The cranky man asks why - telling the Doctor that the woman is unimportant.

The Doctor ends his reply with "I've never seen anyone unimportant before" - or words to that effect.

If only we all had that attitude. God certainly offers that relationship with you - to God, we're all VIPs.

(Photo from U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)

No comments: