Thursday, April 02, 2015

'... Patient in affliction ...'

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
I'm intentionally repeating these words from Paul today. In April 2014, I posted about my then-recent knee surgery and my need for patience.

Today marks one year plus a day after the arthroscopic knee surgery. I'm still not quite there, but getting closer.

And I'm still thinking about patience today. And, I hope, tomorrow. And so on.

A few months ago, I made an intentional decision to change the way I prayed about my knee. With more confidence. With more patience. It has made those months much easier for me to accept that sometimes, recovery is slow. Today, I feel that I'm a more patient patient.

And more confident, too, that God will take care of me. Do I get everything I want in the deal? Not necessarily. But God will put me in a place where he can use me, all of me, knee and all.

No comments: