Tuesday, May 26, 2015

'You have done wonderful things, planned long ago ...'

Lord, you are my God. I will exalt you; I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, planned long ago, faithful and sure.
-Isaiah 25:1
Sometimes, not often, I think of what might have been. If my stroke never happened, my language never affected, this life nearly snatched away from me.

A rather pointless exercise, I must say.

When those thoughts show up, I should consider words such as the ones from Isaiah - God has done wonderful things, planned long ago, faithful and sure.

Now, certainly, this life is not a rosy walk in the park all the time. Still, consider wonderful things. Beautiful mountains, streams and forests. People who play a positive influence in your life. Wonderful things can be small - even a moment of peace. Or can be large - positive, life-changing events or revelations.

We often pray to God when bad things happen. And we should. But consider exalting God, too, when we recognize his wonderful things. God is faithful and sure.


No comments: