Monday, October 29, 2012

‘Hercules’ urges stroke awareness

Today is World Stroke Day, a day to push for awareness of stroke signs and know what to do when you see these signs.

Even ‘Hercules’ star and stroke survivor Kevin Sorbo urges stroke awareness:
On World Stroke Day, Oct. 29, he’s joining forces with the American Stroke Association, a division of the American Heart Association, to spread the word about something else he’s learned about stroke: In many circumstances, it is beatable.
Kevin Sorbo, star of the television series “Hercules,” was only 38 when he suffered three strokes.  That was how he learned anyone can have a stroke.
"Like my character, Hercules, I thought I was invincible," said Sorbo, author of True Strength: My Journey from Hercules to Mere Mortal and How Nearly Dying Saved My Life. “There are many myths and misconceptions about stroke. As a survivor, I have learned that stroke is largely preventable, treatable and beatable."

No comments: