Tuesday, November 05, 2013

'Come to me, all you who are weary'

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
I've heard many stories of people in stroke recovery who tire easily. Personally, I became weary, too. Things eventually improved, which, as a distance runner with a busy work schedule, I'm grateful for.

But sometimes, life can make anyone feel weary and burdened.

Physical weariness and heavy burdens are one thing. But Jesus, in this passage, is using that metaphor for the wearied and burdened spirit. The burdens can sap strength and hope.

Remember the promise, though: "I will give you rest." Find your hope, strength and rest.




No comments: