Thursday, July 31, 2014

'Who gives me strength'

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Ever felt weak? I certainly have.

Does anyone like that? Certainly not.

Paul had his own hardships - beaten up, locked up, etc. In his letter to the Philippians, he tells of his remarkable ability to handle all those situations.

Now, note that Paul didn't just stop when he found a way to be content with his circumstances. No, he kept going in his mission that still resonates today. But he did find that God's strength is the world's greatest coping tool for those in stress.

Stressed out? Weak? Use the same coping tool that brought Paul through his worst days.


1 comment:

J.L. Murphey said...

I am the way. Amen.