Monday, February 22, 2010

Strength with God - 13.1 miles

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

If you've been to this blog before, you know that I am an avid distance runner. Not speedy, just avid.

Running in the cold weather of January and February 2010 have been challenging. Lots of time running indoors and when outside, often bitter cold. Still, I'm convinced that running before my stroke helped me survive the ordeal, and good exercise could do the same for others. Even better, good exercise, plus other stroke prevention measures, can help someone avoid a stroke.
So I just sent in my signup for one of my favorite events - the Sedalia Half-Marathon, set for March 20. It's not a huge event but set in a very rural, friendly setting. I've done it twice before, each time praising God for the simple gift of running.

Paul struggled mightily in his day - but that same God gave him the strength to carry on. When you get weary, think about Paul's words. Strength can come in a physical sense, but even more importantly, it can come in the sense of faith - where real strength lies.

No comments: