Thursday, July 28, 2011

A story about faith and stroke recovery

My trusty Google alert sent me this story - mixing stroke awareness, young stroke survivors and faith. It's about how a former basketball star is growing church and changing lives in Indiana:
“I remember him telling my family that I had had a stroke and that I needed to have surgery, but there was a 50/50 chance I might not make it off the table,” he said.

But [Chad] Hunter didn’t simply rely on modern medicine to get him through his physical ordeal. He took something much greater with him into that hospital room in February 2008.

“You have to have faith and trust God to help get you through the hardships of life,” he said. “With prayers things change.”
 Now, Hunter leads a congregation, giving back gifts from God.

No comments: