Thursday, September 19, 2013

'Will never walk in darkness'

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Yes, you might have seen this particular Bible verse here before.

However, I couldn't resist keeping on the "light" theme this week (see previous post here). Fall is coming fast and with it, days are slowly shortening. Soon, daylight savings time will end, and when I leave my workplace, it'll be dark. Just recently, I've started to use a little headlamp when I run in the early morning hours.

But dark can be more than just a matter of day or night. Just as Jesus talked about the light of life, life also has its dark times. Struggles with pain and tribulation. Stroke recovery frustration. Times of being lost in a world that is often dimly lit.

We've all been in the dark. But the light is available for us - when we begin - or just remember - to follow the light of the world.






No comments: