Thursday, March 06, 2014

'Run and not grow weary'

[B]ut those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
I never get tired of that particular verse. And I certainly need it now.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned on this blog a knee injury. Initially, it seemed to resolve itself but not long ago, it came back with a vengeance. An MRI later, I was told I have a torn meniscus (cartilage between the femur and tibia).

And bad timing for this injury: Due to travel plans, I can't get it fixed (a relatively simple arthroscopic procedure) until April 1. So for the next several weeks, I can't run. That's quite a shock for someone who's been running for 26 years.

But like the Isaiah verse above mentions, hope is present. Like in my stroke recovery days and now, the key was - and is - to place hope and trust in God.

Here's hope that in warmer days ahead, I'll run and not grow weary. Again.

No comments: