Tuesday, September 30, 2014

'I will never be shaken'

Truly my soul finds rest in God;
    my salvation comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
The older I get, the more I enjoy the book of Psalms.

The verses above hits home: Haven't you needed rest? Support? Have you ever felt events started to shake - figuratively or literally - around you?

We've all experienced these things. You or someone you love might have had a stroke. Perhaps still struggling through recovery, with physical disability, speech difficulty, or both.

God's got your back. While the world seems to shake around you, God provides the support you need to stand firm - figuratively or literally. These verses don't say that troubles will stay away. But you know God will be your rock and fortress.


1 comment:

J.L. Murphey said...

I take great comfort in Psalms. Plenty of good stuff in there.