Tuesday, October 28, 2014

'... He heard my voice ...'

In my distress I called to the Lord;
    I cried to my God for help.

From his temple he heard my voice;

    my cry came before him, into his ears.
Could you talk during and after your stroke? I couldn't that day. To this day, I feel that my thoughts are sometimes bottled up while I try to get them out. Writing is much easier for talking. The delete key is my friend.

It especially comes through during times of stress, when I'm tired, when I'm not familiar with the topic, or when I'm given little time to think about what I'm supposed to say.

The words in this passage gives me some comfort. God hears your voice. In times of stress. When you're tired. Any circumstances. And if your voice has been silenced or stifled by a stroke, God still hears you perfectly, even if you are in a silent struggle.

Distress? Call for God. He stands ready to hear your voice - even if impaired of silent. Your cry comes before him loud and clear.





No comments: