Tuesday, January 27, 2015

'May your love and faithfulness always protect me'

Do not withhold your mercy from me, Lord; may your love and faithfulness always protect me.
Ever at a loss for words? When trouble strikes? When someone is ill? What do you say? What do you pray for?

I struggle with this. Then, if I'm thinking clearly, I remember words like those from these verses, carrying a simple but powerful message. God loves you. God is faithful to you. God is here for your protection.

Does that mean Christians are to expect an easy life in this world with no challenges or suffering? No.

God's protection can be big-picture protection. When all earthly efforts fail, God is holding you in his protection. In love. Faithfully.

Today, let's pray that no matter what, recognize and feel God's love, faithfulness and protection.

No comments: