Tuesday, February 03, 2015

'A light on my path'

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
Here in the Northern Hemisphere, we're living in the dark much of the time. On most days that I get out and run, it's before daylight. My particular path is at least in part on a local gravel trail - unlighted and not always smooth.

So to avoid stumbling and falling, I wear an LED headlamp on those days. It pierces the dark and helps me pick my way along the trail. It's a light on my path.

I watch, too, other runners and walkers find a lamp for their feet. I see them, often at quite a distance, guiding their steps with their lights.

Life, too, can be dark - no matter the time of day. Trying to follow God, I've found, gives light to my personal path. I don't - you don't - all of us don't - have to stumble in the dark. God's word is there to guide you.


No comments: