Thursday, October 01, 2015

'Do not worry about tomorrow'

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Famous words from a famous event. This comes from the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus was addressing a crowd on a hillside. This is one of many, many often-references words.

And boy, do I need these words.

Do you ever had stress in your life? At the end of a day, say, your head is already filled with what is likely facing you tomorrow? It's hard to break that routine, isn't it?

So read the entire sermon - Matthews 5 through 7 - to get a real feel of what Jesus was saying.

Whenever I read it, I come away with a new thought. So before I wrote this, this thought came to me: Jesus isn't saying that worry is a sin. Instead, he's trying to comfort a crowd of people who, like those of today, can be worry-ridden. Comfort we should all heed and take to heart.

What are your thoughts?


No comments: