Thursday, October 02, 2008

With the wing, comes hope; with hope, comes strength



"[B]ut those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40:31
I'm guessing you recognize this from a longer quotation, from Isaiah 40:28-31. I don't have any stats to back it up, but this has to be one of the most quoted verses in the Bible.

It's quoted because it's comforting. And who doesn't need that? It's about hope strengthening faith, and with a renewed strength in faith, so much is possible. Pray today for someone struggling with stroke outcome - pray for a renewal of hope and strength in faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Greetings from nearby St. Louis! I found you on LinkedIn. I really need your help with a story. In brief, I found the major gene behind cardiovascular disease, which includes stroke, heart, and kidney disease. In 2002, I published that it was possible to REVERSE kidney failure due to diabetes or high blood pressure if the right ACE inhibitor was used at a high enough dose. Putting the population on the correct dose of the correct ACE inhibitor should add 5-10 years of good quality life.

Write me at dwmoskowitz@genomed.com.

Best regards,
Dave Moskowitz MD FACP
CEO
GenoMed, Inc.
www.genomed.com
"The public health company(tm)"