Thursday, April 21, 2011

You say umbrella, I say elevator...

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  


Back in May 1998, almost 13 years ago, I lost the ability to speak.

Thank God, and I mean it, I regained that ability. It took me several weeks of speech therapy to be able to engage in intelligent conversation, and to this day, I stumble over words that I think - but will never really know for sure - that I would not stumble over if the stroke had never happened.

A few days ago, I said "elevator" in conversation with my wife when I meant to say "umbrella." In my defense, I was about to head to work, was extremely busy and my mind was preoccupied. Still, I do wonder.

So from time to time, I might be at a loss of words. But are we loss from God, when our speech, gait or vision are flawed?

No. As mentioned before in this blog, perfection is not required.

On this Easter Sunday - coming soon - remember that. Jesus Christ died for the sins of the imperfect. Jesus Christ defeated death for me, the imperfect, and for you, the imperfect. Not for the flawless and sinless. But for us.

Thanks be to God.

No comments: